Fitting In

Today's short devo comes from a journal entry I did when I was 11. I was going through some of my journals last night in prep for the possible tornado (I wanted to save as many of my written pieces as I could just in case) and flipped to this entry. I've modified it a bit, just so you know. :)
*******************************************
{Taken from March 2's morning journal entry when I was 11 years old - anything without verses to back it up is my own 11-year-old mind speculating}
Jesus probably didn't exactly 'fit in' either. He had his own problems too. Jesus suffered even more than us. He was mocked, spit at, name-called even more than I could imagine. While He probably had friends, he probably wasn't the most popular boy his age. Some might have even thought he was stuck up or a teachers pet, even though I'm sure He didn't act like it. Maybe it was because He knew more from talking with the teachers and the leaders. When He grew up, Jesus didn't fin in with the teachers (Pharisees) of His day, though He knew His Father much better and knew the Scriptures perfectly. He was mocked for eating with sinners and was called names because He healed and helped others who were not of the same social standing - but it didn't stop Him. It shouldn't stop us either.
Jesus knows what we're going through, no matter what it is. Jesus can relate to us.
For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.
- Hebrews 2:18 -
 
For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
- Hebrews 12:3 -
 
For we do not have a high priest [Jesus Christ] who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.
- Hebrews 4:15 -
*******************************************
~ Light4theLord
To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing... Charis Rae!

I'm so honored to be a part of Charis Rae's blog launch (a.k.a. Grace from The Girl Upstairs), and here it is!