Send Me

Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
- Isaiah 6:8 -
 
 
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"
- Romans 10:14-15 -
 
but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.
- Acts 1:8 -
 
So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you."
- John 20:21 -
 
Everyone, anyone can be used by God. We must just be willing to do what He asks. Like Isaiah, we ought to say, "Here am I, Lord, send me!"
I want to be sent.
I want to help change the world for the better. I want to be sent to the remotest parts of the earth!
What about you? Are you willing to be used by God? Do you trust Him that He has a plan for you, a better plan than anyone else?
Maybe you think that you can't be used by God. It's a lie that so many people believe. They believe that (to quote my Sunday School teacher's lesson this past Sunday) 'I can't do it. I'm not..... enough.'
Replace the dots with something you think you're not enough of to serve God.
Perhaps you say, "I'm not strong enough. I'm not smart enough. I'm not pretty enough. I'm not old enough."
Even characters in the Bible had this false assumption in their head. Think of Gideon (the focus of the Sunday School lesson last week that I learned), who said:
 
And Gideon said to Him, "O Lord, how shall I deliver Israel? Behold, my family is the least in Manasseh, and I am the youngest in my father's house." But the Lord said to him, "Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat Midian as one man."
(Judges 6:15-16)
 
Something that I struggle with is, "I'm not old enough." For this fictional lie that so many young people are told, we refer back to Paul's wise advice.
 
Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.
- 1 Timothy 4:12 -
 
Will you offer yourself to God and tell Him, "Here I am, send me."
Do it. You won't regret it. His plan is always better!
 
~ Light4theLord
To God be the Glory!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing... Charis Rae!

I'm so honored to be a part of Charis Rae's blog launch (a.k.a. Grace from The Girl Upstairs), and here it is!