Your Word is a Lamp Unto My Feet...

And a light unto my path. - Psalm 119:105


 
When there is darkness surrounding us, and we are prone to stumbling on our way, God's Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light to our path!
It's amazing to have Scripture memorized, especially during hard times.
I started doing the National Bible Bee in 2012, and the year that we didn't do it (2015), I really missed it. I love spending time in God's Word, and it really motivates me to memorize! It's so encouraging to make friends who also love God - I met Katie in 2014, and we're still friends - I'm so thankful for that and I'm really looking forward to chatting with her this afternoon! :D
The National Bible Bee registration opens on April 1st - it's amazing, and I've missed doing it! I'm praying that I'll be able to go with my family to Nationals this year!
So, over the summer, you study a Scripture passage and memorize verses. At the end of the summer, you can either go to locals and recite your verses, or just take the test online! If you're in the top 120 of your group, you qualify for Nationals which is absolutely I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E.
You won't regret it. Memorizing Scripture is NEVER a waste of time!
ScriptureTyper is a big help to me too!
So, if you decide to talk it over to your parents and sign up for Bible Bee THIS SATURDAY (APRIL 1ST), let me know in the comments below! I'd love to meet you at Nationals one day! :)
~ Light4theLord
To God Be the Glory!


 
With all my heart I have sought You; do not let me wander from Your commands. Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.
- Psalm 119:10-11 -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing... Charis Rae!

I'm so honored to be a part of Charis Rae's blog launch (a.k.a. Grace from The Girl Upstairs), and here it is!